Monday, November 14, 2011

Two Before and Afters

I recently found these little wooden shelves on a trip and loved the shape and the fact that they were a pair. I thought they would look cute staggered on a wall with 1 item on each, like a milk glass vase or small candle holder.




I decided to paint them blue because the shape reminded me of clouds. The strong color would make something like white milk glass really pop.






Now for an indoor/outdoor project... 




I found this rusty old plant stand and thought it was a cute because of the size and the flowers on the sides.




I love rust just as much as the next person (especially outside), but this was not cute rusty. It was "Help me!" rusty. So I scrubbed the rust off, primed with a rust-proof primer, then painted it this light green.








I love how it turned out and that it can be used indoors or outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment