Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shabby Chic Room Inspiration

I love looking through magazines and on the internet for beautiful home interiors, especially shabby chic (my favorite). I find the pictures inspiring for creating new pieces for my shop, but they are also very inspiring for creating a new room or space. I hope you find these beautiful pictures as inspiring as I do. Find tips below for creating or enhancing your own shabby chic space.


Must-haves of shabby chic design: 1) distressed furniture, 2) slipcovers, 3) florals, 4) old rugs, 5) mismatched pieces.



Keep colors muted: a lot of white or cream with pastels. Combine patterns and colors.



Be creative! Repurpose a chair to use as a side table or old vintage suitcases or an antique trunk for a coffee table. Use your imagination.



*Some tips adapted from about.com.

8 comments:

  1. These are great tips! I wish my living room looked like the second picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in that dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shabby chic style as you do.
    Can I invite you on my blog?
    Greetings from Turin, Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Metroloftfurniture.com has one of the largest selections of Shabby Chic Dining Room on the web so check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just found your blog while searching for Shabby Chic Christmas ideas and loving it already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Somehow I just came across your blog today and couldn't believe that you had a picture posted of my living room in the house I moved from last year! It is the bottom picture! So glad that you enjoyed the decor and chose to include it in your blog!

    ReplyDelete