Here are pictures of the set-up of my booth from my first solo craft fair. There is a lot to learn every time we do something new and craft fairs are no different. So here is my somewhat humorous look at what I learned in the form of a top 5 list. Enjoy!!!
Top 5 Lessons from my 1st Solo Craft Fair:
5. You can tell who does fairs often and who doesn't by how quickly they set up. (If you are new at craft fairs, it takes longer to set up than you think.)
4. When taking into account weather, wind counts in the weather category and can greatly affect the set-up of your booth. (Did you see the giveaway on my blog?)
3. Help is good! Have a friend or family member come by to check if you need a bathroom or food break (and help set up and take down if possible).
2. Pack inventory well - unfortunately stuff breaks and/or gets damaged.
And the #1 lesson I learned about craft fairs...
1. Select your location carefully! (Yes, those are toilets for slightly disabled people in the background.) I set up my booth BEFORE the person next to me. To my delight, toilets were among what they were selling and I have no idea how that happened at a CRAFT fair.
*Coming soon: A list of what worked well. Yes some things went great and I will share those too!