Thursday, October 27, 2011

Multipurpose Before and After

A Before and After of a project I recently completed. This is one that I added to my Etsy shop and is available for purchase. It is a wooden box I came across - actually I came across two of them, but the other one had a solid wood bottom and the whole thing looked so shabby and cohesive that I left it that way.




The bottom of this one was clearly a different shade and therefore was begging to be painted. So I used a classic white with a distressed, white-washed finish and I love how it turned out.




I love old wooden boxes because they have so many uses:
- holding plants
- planting a succulent garden
- hanging as a shelf or curio
- setting on a large table as a base for a grand centerpiece
- drilling holes in the sides to fill with candles and hang for an indoor/outdoor candelier...

1 comment: