Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baking Time!


This past weekend I spent one morning baking. With the summer heat and all of the great, fresh, local fruit; we are unable to eat it all before it goes bad. Of course you can make smoothies, but the baking bug bit so I found a couple of recipes online.



First I made "Easy Banana Bread", and it was (easy)! I found the recipe on Cooks.com. I had everything I needed and in no time we had delicious banana bread. I make mine in small (2x5 inches) loaf pans. The hardest part was waiting for the bread to cool to eat it! *I did add some cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg to the recipe. Yum!

Easy Banana Bread Recipe

3 bananas, well mashed
1 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 c. flour (1 c. can be whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas in mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs, and oil, mixing well each time. Sift dry ingredients together and add to banana mixture. Pour in greased 5x9 inch loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes.

I also tried a new muffin recipe for the abundance of blueberries I had (from a friend). I made Berry Oatmeal Muffins (recipe from allrecipes.com). The added oatmeal, cinnamon, and brown sugar to the tops of these puts them over the top! *I left out the wheat germ and added more blueberries than it called for. To make them lower in fat, I also replaced half of the oil called for with apple sauce.

Link to recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Berry-Oatmeal-Muffins/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I just made avocado cupcakes from a magazine recipe. Probably my 5th or 6th time making them. They're absolutely wonderful. Convo me via Etsy if you're interested in the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete