Monday, November 16, 2009

How I Lost 10 lbs in 2 Months...and Kept It Off!

Last May I was finally motivated to lose the baby weight from my then almost 2 year-old.  I had 10 lbs. to lose and had not been motivated enough to lose it before then.  I had a bet with my husband of who could lose 10 lbs first (he had baby weight to lose too).  Winner gets a prize of their choice determined at time of bet.  This is very important as it is very motivating!  Well we tied, so we both won - I got a new outfit and he got to go to a sporting event with friends.



But how did I do it???  I just started eating less - really, that's it.  It was that simple (this time around).  The best trick I learned that worked for me was eating off of smaller plates.  Think about china and your grandmother's dishes.  They are much smaller than what we use now and they did not have weight problems like we do now.  So I eat almost all of my meals off of salad plates instead of large dinner plates.




Look at the difference in size.  We can't help but want to fill our plates.  Well if that plate is smaller, then you eat less, but are still satisfied.  A salad plate full of food is the quantity we probably should be eating.  Had I put this meal on a dinner plate, I likely would have eaten 2 bagel sandwiches and a lot more chips and a cookie would probably would have fit there too...  Make this a habit and keep it up and you will maintain your weightloss.  (For me, this is all without increasing exercise...that's my next goal.)

2 comments:

  1. Bravo for your accomplishment! The small plate suggestion really does work. It's an old weight watchers trick and I used to do it all the time. I should probably go back to it. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It is so very tough to do!
    I totally agree with you about the dish sizes though.. that is why I made my tapa style dishes. I started WW & it helped me out a bit.. they didn't look empty! :) Take a peak:http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24358931
    Now you've got me thinking.. maybe I should look up meetings for tonight?!

    ReplyDelete