Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Daughter's Treat of a Birthday


We recently celebrated my daughter's 3rd birthday. We went with a treat theme because I think it is cute and she didn't really care. Her only requirement was Strawberry Shortcake on her cupcakes.  She was so excited to have all of her cousins over to her house - just for her!



What's a party without balloons!?!  I went with pink, blue, and yellow and the kids were all happy to take one home when they left.


We had "sandwich bar" so that everyone could make their own sandwich and get something healthy before the treats that were to come.  I also made strawberry lemonade which was a big hit since we used strawberries from our garden.  I highly recommend it if you have them because they are so much more flavorful!
 

She enjoyed opening presents and was excited about all of the gifts she received. Dora was big this year, along with crocheted play food.



A birthday party also needs a pinata. Boy did the kids go after that candy! The adults were just thankful that no one was hurt.  Here are a couple of them diving for the candy.



And the cupcakes...They were too quick for me to get a picture before they were almost all eaten, but you get the idea. My daughter told me the cupcakes were her favorite part of her birthday.



She wore a cupcake dress that went perfectly with the party theme.


Everyone loved the "thank you" gifts. I bought this cake which is actually several boxes wtih lids. 


The kids were so excited to get "cake" after having cupcakes.


I filled the cake with treat-themed items: ice cream poppers (remember those?), cupcake bubbles, kaleidescope, crocheted cookie, cupcake soap, and ice cream bath fizz.  The ice cream poppers were definitely their favorite!



A very fun day with family and great weather too. Our big girl enjoyed it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment